Saturday, July 25, 2020

A Quilt for Sophia?

At the last Boyd Cousin Connection, cousin Jane shared a series of quilt blocks embroidered by our ancestors.  Our best guess is that they were made to eventually put into a quilt for grandma Sophia.  The question now. . . what to do with the blocks??  Go forward in making a quilt?  Or share them with descendants who might be interested in framing and enjoying their family members' block.  

There are a couple of blocks with names I'm not familiar with.  Does anyone know who these folks are and how they are connected to the clan??  Dell & Emmet - Leslie & Annie all from Oakland, CA.

Others are sisters, cousins or children of Sophia Thornburg Boyd.





This set of blocks is especially fun for me.  On the left, stitched by my great grandma.  On the right, a rendition of the old Sea Captain's ship, stitched in Winner, SD, once my home, too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the quilt blocks and seeing the one my Grandma Anna Weber made for June. What a treasure. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete